Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Book Recommendations

I've been doing a lot of reading during my blogging sabbatical, and I wanted to draw your attention to a couple of books.

I can't believe that I haven't previously mentioned 'Taken Into Custody' by Steven Baskerville. As I have said before, my on-going research demonstrates to me that the political discrimination facing men, fathers and the family are infinitely worse than I had imagined. This book is truly shocking.

Some interesting videos related to the book can be found here.

Another astonishing read was 'The Welfare State We Are In' in which James Bartholomew argues very persuasively that Britain, and especially its poor, would have been better off had the welfare state never happened. Sound surprising? Read the book. Or watch a related video here.

Both highly recommended.

1 comment:

BrusselsLout said...

Ironically, I received Taken Into Custody recently from Amazon (with a couple of other books). Currently reading How Evil Works by David Kupelian, a book recommended by Stephen Baskerville himself. (T.I.C. is next!)

Prof. Baskerville has his own blog that is definitely worth a look at. Everything is well-researched and eloquently put across.